Aston2 Menu 1.6.1
Aston2 Menu - Aston2 Menu opens the new line of Aston2 products, which turn your desktop into a yet more convenient and attractive environment. Aston2 is developed on an absolutely new engine, created from scratch. Aston2 product line includes three basic products:
- Aston2 Menu, which replaces the regular Windows start menu.
- Aston2 Panels, which can replace Windows taskbar and yet enhance the shell functionality.
- Aston2 Desktop, which replaces Windows Explorer desktop and can be filled with any Aston 2 widgets and icons.
Thus, complete Aston2 SHELL can be considered the combination of all the above components. But which of them to use is entirely up to end-user's choice.
Aston 2 Menu features:
- Themes and skins support. Aston2 settings are split into two parts - theme settings and private settings. All Aston2 widgets are skinnable: you can change the skin of any element;
- Widgets support (This demo version contains the following default widgets: Clock, Calendar, Recycle bin, Disks, Power control, Search, Toplist, Username, Weather and Uninstall). Widgets can be built into the desktop, panels or popup menus;
- Fast and convenient search for the files on the local disks and for the information in the Internet;
- Flexible configuration. Every element of the menu can be tweaked and customized, thus letting one to create yet more convenient working area. The same concerns Aston 2 Panels and Aston 2 Desktop as well;
- Animation support in every aspect of Aston2: smooth widgets opening and moving, animated wallpaper, animated icons and other elements of skinned widgets;
- Aston2 Menu can be used both in Aston1 shell (staring from 1.9.5 version) and in Explorer shell.
- Drag'n'Drop operations support, user friendly interface;
- Unicode support;
- XML standard, used for all the parameters setup;
- Multi-language support;
- Plug-ins support.
There are a lot planned features for the future Aston2 Menu release.
List of Changes:
Version 1.6.1 from 2009-12-29Show all changes
Version 1.6.0 from 2009-12-16
Added new X-mas theme
Version 1.5.0 from 2009-10-20
Added new Calendar application "Events manager"
Version 1.4.2 from 2009-07-14
Windows 7 RC support
Version 1.3.1 from 2008-11-17
*Several minor bugfixes and improvement
Version 1.3 from 2008-10-07
Ability to edit Main Menu elements
Version 1.2.1 from 2008-08-05
Increased speed and performance
Version 1.2 from 2008-07-23
-New option, which lets switch from single-column to multi-column menu format
Version 1.1 from 2007-12-22
- Sound support